Terms for blacks in Italian
r***@excite.com
2005-04-07 17:48:01 UTC
What is that derog. term for blacks they keep using - it sounds like
"Molignare" but I have no idea how to spell it.
Greg Henry
2005-04-07 20:11:14 UTC
Post by r***@excite.com
What is that derog. term for blacks they keep using - it sounds like
"Molignare" but I have no idea how to spell it.
I'm not sure what language that term comes from, but my understanding is
that in English it means eggplant. And I believe it's pronounced
moo-lin-YON.
Flagstaff Frank
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/mobspeak/index.shtml
Jacques Guy
2005-04-07 20:58:25 UTC
Post by Flagstaff Frank
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/mobspeak/index.shtml
Mulignan, eh? Well done. The dialect seems very similar
to Corsican. Napolitan, perhaps?
Peter T. Daniels
2005-04-07 23:09:31 UTC
Post by Jacques Guy
Post by Flagstaff Frank
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/mobspeak/index.shtml
Mulignan, eh? Well done. The dialect seems very similar
to Corsican. Napolitan, perhaps?
The New York crime families are popularly believed to derive from
Sicily.
Peter T. Daniels ***@att.net
Greg Henry
2005-04-07 23:12:29 UTC
Flagstaff Frank
2005-04-08 04:47:22 UTC
Post by Greg Henry
Hmm. I'm half-right. Story of my fuckin' life!
Better'n being half a lefty ;)
Jacques Guy
2005-04-07 20:47:19 UTC
Post by Greg Henry
I'm not sure what language that term comes from, but my understanding is
that in English it means eggplant. And I believe it's pronounced
moo-lin-YON.
As far as I know eggplant is "melanzana". <moo-lin-YON> could only be
Spanish: muliñón. The word is not in my Larousse Diccionario Usual.
If it does exist, it is probably derived from "mulo". Perhaps
you meant boon-YOOL (spelt bougnoule), one French slang term borrowed
from Wolof, in which language it does mean "black people".
DaveD|||
2005-04-07 21:28:13 UTC
Post by r***@excite.com
What is that derog. term for blacks they keep using - it sounds like
"Molignare" but I have no idea how to spell it.
We used to say something like "ambriago tutson" as an insult instead of this
moolinre thing.
Raider Dave
2005-04-08 02:17:59 UTC
It's pronounced "Butterhead"...
Beacon_Mode
2005-04-10 21:02:51 UTC
Post by r***@excite.com
What is that derog. term for blacks they keep using - it sounds like
"Molignare" but I have no idea how to spell it.
He has a few good 'uns. Jamal Ginsberg - the hassidic homebwoy...AKA the
charcoal briquette.