creber harundinibus tremulis ibi surgere lucus coepit
Hen Hanna
2018-01-26 20:12:49 UTC
... secedit humumque effodit et, domini quales adspexerit aures, voce refert parva terraeque inmurmurat haustae indiciumque suae vocis tellure regesta obruit et scrobibus tacitus discedit opertis. creber harundinibus tremulis ibi surgere lucus coepit et, ut primum pleno maturuit anno, prodidit agricolam: leni nam motus ab austro obruta verba refert dominique coarguit aures. Ultus abit Tmolo liquidumque per aera vectus angustum citra pontum Nepheleidos Helles Laomedonteis Latoius ...

I'm esp. interested in :

creber harundinibus tremulis ibi surgere lucus coepit et, ut primum pleno maturuit anno, prodidit agricolam: leni nam motus ab austro obruta verba refert dominique coarguit aures.

creber "thickly" -- cognate (descendent) in Eng, French, Ger...?

coepi "I began" -- same question.

prodo "reveal" -- is [do] unrelated to Eng. [do] ?

unrelated to Latin dossum ?

I have lots of dictionaries and have access
to many more on-line dictionaries , so the
Wannabe-Linguist
Miśanthropic Wankja-SOBewski
can shove
his boring, repetitive, stupid comment up [you know where].

HH
Mścisław Wojna-Bojewski
Hating you is not indicative of misanthropy, because you are not human. And I am still the real linguist and you the wannabe-nevergonnabe one.
Christian Weisgerber
2018-01-27 15:16:14 UTC
Post by Hen Hanna
prodo "reveal" -- is [do] unrelated to Eng. [do] ?
According to Wiktionary, they both go back to PIE *dʰeh₁-, ‘to do,
put, place’.

I'm intrigued by the Latin perfect stem, prōdidī etc., with
reduplication. Is this cognate with the Germanic past tense form,
i.e., “did”?

Every time I try to wrap my head around the PIE verb system my head
explodes.
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber ***@mips.inka.de
Hen Hanna
2018-01-27 18:02:09 UTC
Post by Christian Weisgerber
Post by Hen Hanna
prodo "reveal" -- is [do] unrelated to Eng. [do] ?
According to Wiktionary, they both go back to PIE *dʰeh₁-, ‘to do,
put, place’.
I'm intrigued by the Latin perfect stem, prōdidī etc., with
reduplication. Is this cognate with the Germanic past tense form,
i.e., “did”?
Every time I try to wrap my head around the PIE verb system my head
explodes.
--
and is it related to what 1950s (?) comedians used to say:

-- Yes, Indeedee !

___________________

Thank you... my Skeat lists, under DO(1)

ado, deed, deem, doff, don, doom !

doomsday, dout, dup, indeed

Religious Courtship: Being Historical Discourses, on the Necessity ...
https://books.google.com

Daniel Defoe (!!!) - 1813

Yes, indeedee, they fightee just now : they no teachee me ; one say me go to de devil ; the other say me go to de devil : they no teachee me to go away from de devil ; they make me no know what I do. Ma. And was that it you cried about, Negum ? Neg. Yes, indeedee, me cry to go to de devil ! me would go away from de devil. Mast. You must pray to God to keep you from the Devil. Neg. Yes, indeedee, me do pray God keep away de devil. Mast. You must pray to God to teach you too.

1864 ------ Yes, indeedee, Massa ; I seed it all." " How did you like it ? "

----- Yes, indeedee, Massa
Between being a non-Linguist and a Monkey,
i'd choose being a non-Monkey, indeedee

HH