How to say 'Tomb of the Shields'
Daud Deden
2018-09-20 09:29:27 UTC
How to say Tomb of the Shields' ?

English: Tomb of the Shields
Italian:
Latin:
Etruscan:
Estonian:
Euskalduna:
Hellanika:

https://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2018/09/the-tomb-of-shields-in-tarquinia-shines.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheArchaeologyNewsNetwork+(The+Archaeology+News+Network)&m=1#V1zDvKDTErYAguGR.97
Arnaud Fournet
2018-09-21 09:56:37 UTC
Don't you know google.translate ?
Mścisław Wojna-Bojewski
2018-09-22 15:02:09 UTC
Post by Daud Deden
How to say Tomb of the Shields' ?
Euskalduna is a person who speaks the language. The name of the language is different.
If this is an attempt to write the name of Greek in Greek, it is wrong.
Daud Deden
Mainly it was an attempt to remember the significant question and the geographically-near languages, from a Paleo-etymology context. I've been busy with other things.
Arnaud Fournet
Mścisław Wojna-Bojewski
If you try to pose as a linguist, you should at least try to write correctly the names of the languages you profess to know.
Ruud Harmsen
2018-09-24 07:06:14 UTC
Post by Daud Deden
How to say Tomb of the Shields' ?
Euskalduna is a person who speaks the language. The name of the language is different.
True, Eusklaldi.
Wrong again.
Euskara.

Not so hard to find:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque_language

From there:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoscientific_language_comparison
Ruud Harmsen, http://rudhar.com
Ruud Harmsen
2018-09-24 07:21:42 UTC
Post by Ruud Harmsen
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoscientific_language_comparison
A very accurate description of what Daud Deden is doing here every
day:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoscientific_language_comparison#Traits_and_characteristics

As if he read and learnt it there and then start to apply it.
Ruud Harmsen, http://rudhar.com
Ruud Harmsen
2018-09-24 07:48:53 UTC
Post by Ruud Harmsen
Post by Ruud Harmsen
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoscientific_language_comparison
A very accurate description of what Daud Deden is doing here every
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoscientific_language_comparison#Traits_and_characteristics
As if he read and learnt it there and then start to apply it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparative_method#Step_1,_assemble_potential_cognate_lists

Daud Deden never reaches beyond step 1.
Ruud Harmsen, http://rudhar.com
Arnaud Fournet
His mental confusion is such that he can't even cite the names of the languages correctly and, let alone, the data.
Mścisław Wojna-Bojewski
So you decided to spoil all the fun. :)
Ruud Harmsen
2018-09-24 07:50:06 UTC
Post by Daud Deden
How to say Tomb of the Shields' ?
Euskalduna is a person who speaks the language. The name of the language is different.
True, Eusklaldi.
Wrong again.
Euskara.
So you decided to spoil all the fun. :)
I don't think it was funny in the first place. And Wikipedia is always
within handreach. And handreach is not an English word but it should
be.
Ruud Harmsen, http://rudhar.com
Peter T. Daniels
Right. We say "within reach."
Daud Deden
2018-09-24 17:27:12 UTC
Boys, the topic is How to say 'Tomb of the Shields'.

Do you have anything of even remote interest to this thread to share? If not, perhaps you could go play outside awhile?
Mścisław Wojna-Bojewski
2018-09-24 17:55:57 UTC
Not our job to do your homework. Go learn the languages involved and do it yourself.
DKleinecke
2018-09-24 18:05:18 UTC
/tum^dh^shiyldz/
Daud Deden
2018-09-24 22:58:10 UTC
Post by DKleinecke
Post by Daud Deden
Boys, the topic is How to say 'Tomb of the Shields'.
Do you have anything of even remote interest to this thread to share? If not, perhaps you could go play outside awhile?
/tum^dh^shiyldz/
Thanks DK.

tomb womb wamba
dome endome entomb
endu/endo under/interior/inner

roundshield = dome hut (original) ~ belly/breast form
tum.my es.tom.ago perut
Ruud Harmsen
2018-09-25 07:19:12 UTC
Mon, 24 Sep 2018 15:58:10 -0700 (PDT): Daud Deden
Post by Daud Deden
Thanks DK.
tomb womb wamba
Bamba Wamba. Para wailar la Wamba.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lyrics+la+bamba&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab
Ruud Harmsen, http://rudhar.com
Ruud Harmsen
2018-09-25 07:16:04 UTC
Mon, 24 Sep 2018 04:22:28 -0700 (PDT): "Peter T. Daniels"
Post by Peter T. Daniels
Post by Ruud Harmsen
Post by Mścisław Wojna-Bojewski
So you decided to spoil all the fun. :)
I don't think it was funny in the first place. And Wikipedia is always
within handreach. And handreach is not an English word but it should
be.
Right. We say "within reach."
Right. What else would you want to reach out to it with? The hand is
superfluous and implied.

Binnen handbereik.
Binnen bereik.
Onder handbereik.

All possible in Dutch.
Ruud Harmsen, http://rudhar.com
Peter T. Daniels
He does that frequently.
Mścisław Wojna-Bojewski
At the very least, he shouldn't do the kooks' homework for them.
Ruud Harmsen
2018-09-25 07:20:24 UTC
Post by Daud Deden
How to say Tomb of the Shields' ?
Euskalduna is a person who speaks the language. The name of the language is different.
True, Eusklaldi.
Wrong again.
Euskara.
So you decided to spoil all the fun. :)
He does that frequently.
At the very least, he shouldn't do the kooks' homework for them.
I do that because I want to know the outcome myself.
Ruud Harmsen, http://rudhar.com
Ruud Harmsen
2018-09-25 07:19:55 UTC
Post by Daud Deden
How to say Tomb of the Shields' ?
Euskalduna is a person who speaks the language. The name of the language is different.
True, Eusklaldi.
Wrong again.
Euskara.
So you decided to spoil all the fun. :)
He does that frequently.
No sense of humour. I'm bad.
Ruud Harmsen, http://rudhar.com
Daud Deden
2018-09-23 20:56:24 UTC
Post by Daud Deden
How to say Tomb of the Shields' ?
English: Tomb of the Shields
https://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2018/09/the-tomb-of-shields-in-tarquinia-shines.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheArchaeologyNewsNetwork+(The+Archaeology+News+Network)&m=1#V1zDvKDTErYAguGR.97

A tombolo, from the Italian tombolo, derived from the Latin tumulus, meaning 'mound', and sometimes translated as ayre, is a deposition landform in which an island is attached to the mainland by a narrow piece of land such as a spit or bar. Once attached, the island is then known as a tied island. A tombolo is a sandy isthmus.

cf istambol/Istanbul