thermochromatic VR on backer
Joe
2017-12-13 14:46:50 UTC
Hi everybody,

What does a "thermochromatic VR on backer" mean, a sentence I have found on a US birth certificate.

Thanks

Joe
Mścisław Wojna-Bojewski
It is a kind of death ray. It is usually kept "on backer" as they say, but if government so decides, it will be taken off backer, which means that you'll be exterminated.
DKleinecke
2017-12-13 18:57:09 UTC
Post by Joe
Hi everybody,
What does a "thermochromatic VR on backer" mean, a sentence I have found on a US birth certificate.
VR stands for Vital Record. Thermochromatic is a kind of
reproduction. I have to guess for "backer" - it might mean
the back of the record or it might mean a backing sheet used
during reproduction.

alt.usage.english would be a better place for this question.