Full list of two and three letter syllables in Koine Greek
Add Reply
Marko Manninen
2018-01-16 08:57:04 UTC
I'd like to get a list of all possible two and three letter syllables in Koine Greek.

Reference I have used is:

https://www.sttmedia.com/syllablefrequency-greek

but I'm afraid it doesn't contain those which contain double consonants? and long vowels, plus I don't know if it is totally valid for ancient Koine Greek. For example, I don't see omega Ω used in the above syllable list.

Shouldn't Omega be regarded as a full complete syllable, even it is a single letter, it quantifies as two?

Thus I also suspect, that there are similar three letter syllables, that indeed are constructed by a consonant and omega. Maybe there are similar consonants, that looks like single letter but are quantified as two?
Dingbat
2018-02-06 12:50:32 UTC
Post by Marko Manninen
I'd like to get a list of all possible two and three letter syllables in Koine Greek.
https://www.sttmedia.com/syllablefrequency-greek
OY appears twice. OI doesn't appear; which syllable represents <oi>?